What will I need to purchase before my first show?
Our packages include accessories you cannot easily and conveniently purchase on your own. Below is a list of other essentials, as well as where you can find them.
If you purchase our Complete Mobile Concession Package, you will also need:
- A trailer to haul your kettle corn equipment. Our Complete Mobile Concession Package will comfortably fit in a 6′ by 12′ trailer. A large show may require thousands of pounds of supplies, so consider that when making your decision. If you only have the machine & sifting bin, you may be able to haul it with a van or truck. Renting a U-Haul is another option to get you started.
- Bags and twisty ties or tape to seal. You’ll need to decide if you’re going to offer 2 or 3 sizes. Is it worth the extra hassle to offer 3 sizes? For poly bags, visit Discount Plastic Bags. You’ll want 1.5 mil, flat poly bags; they come in cases of 1,000 for about $39 – $59. If you want a list of item numbers & current pricing, just send an e-mail and we’ll be happy to provide those details for you.
- Small – 8″ x 14″
- Medium – 9″ x 15″
- Large – 9″ x 24″
- A cash drawer and/or change aprons. Walmart, Staples or Office Max have lockable cash drawers.
- Lightweight gloves to protect your hands while stirring.
- Disposable latex gloves to wear while bagging the corn.
- Fire extinguisher.
- Three plastic tubs for washing, rinsing and sanitizing.
- Chlorine bleach for sanitizing equipment. (1 tablespoon per gallon of water)
- Covered garbage container.
- Several 5 gallon buckets for catching and disposing used wash water.
- Paper towels
- Anti-Bacterial Cleanser or liquid hand soap.
- Propane Tanks. These can be purchased at any gas supply store. We recommend using a 40 lb. tank (or larger) and having a smaller tank for backup. Many of our customers purchase the large 100 lb. tanks from Lowes or Home Depot, and strap them to a dolly cart for easy maneuverability. One hour of heavy popping will burn about 5 – 6 pounds of propane.
- Ingredients! (see next question)
With Package #1, you will need all of the above, plus:
- A 6′ or 8 ‘ table for the front of your booth. You’ll need this to sell from, and it will also help keep customers away from your kettle and the hot oil spatter. You can purchase a table at any home improvement or department store.
- An insulated 10 gallon water dispenser. (To store hot water for hand and equipment washing.) Visit AceMart for a great deal.
With Packages #2 or #3, you will need all of the above, plus:
- A tent with 3 sides, made of Flame Retardant Material. Some shows may require that you have a floor in your tent. Make sure the tent can be set up and taken down quickly. We offer a quality E-Z UP canopy package to give your booth a professional look.
- A second table to hold your ingredients and supplies.
- Airtight storage containers for your supplies and ingredients.
- A banner or sign announcing KETTLE CORN! (Look in your yellow pages under “signs”). Our canopy comes with printing (as shown in the pictures) on all four valances and the back wall.